- Opportunity to Help! We are planning to strip and re-shingle the roof of our house on Saturday, July 2 starting around 8 am. If anyone is available, we would appreciate the help. We will provide lunch and supper for all who show up. Address is 5486 Rt 19, Rice Pt. Michael & Denise MacISAAC 314-3315/314-1533 email@example.com
- Church Directory Photos – Say Cheese! We are working on updating our Church Directory and want to include photos of our Cornerstone Family. Plan to either come a bit early or stay a few minutes after to get your photo taken during the Sundays in over the next couple of weeks.
- Congratulations – Mandy and Chad Fraser and big brothers Cohen and Eli welcomed Simon George on June 13th. Everyone is doing well!
- Community Closet wrap up and volunteer BBQ – This Saturday, July 2nd, 4:00 pm. Would love to have all our Closet volunteers come out as we pack up the closet for the summer, and celebrate with a BBQ together.
- Chowder and Music night in Montague – July 9th, 7:00 pm Come out and enjoy great local music, and a bowl of homemade Chowder.
- The Community Closet will be wrapping up for the summer at the end of June. Thanks to everyone who has so generously given their time and clothing!
- Soup Kitchen – Stratford, it’s your turn to contribute to our Soup Kitchen Ministry. If you are able to help with the food needed, please add your name to the sign-up sheet in the foyer. Thanks for your generosity!
Cornerstone CHURCH-WIDE NEWS
- DiverseCity Multicultural Street Festival – July 3rd (Montague) Plan to attend or help at this wonderful event showcasing the diverse cultures present on PEI! To volunteer for a 3-hour window, visit : www.peianc.com/content/lang/en/page/volunteers_registration.
- Right Now Media – If you haven’t yet received an invitation to this online resource, which features a library of thousands of videos for each member of your family (including Bible study videos from your favorite authors or speakers, children’s shows, parenting seminars, etc.), please contact Pam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Do you have space? We need you!
The Refugee Sponsorship Committee is beginning its work in preparing for a family. One of the tasks that will begin long before a family arrives is collecting and preparing household items such as furniture and kitchenware. Before we begin gathering larger household items we will need to have a secure, dry location for storing the goods, possibly into the winter. If you have such a space or have contacts that might be available to help, please email Tavie Dakin-Ingersoll at email@example.com or Kristen Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. (The actual collection of items will begin in the near future. We will share details for drop off and an itemized list soon.)