Cornerstone is involved in care, visitation, and chapel services at a number of local nursing homes.
Here are some opportunities to help at Prince Edward Home, Beach Grove Home, and Sherwood Home.
- The Buddy Program Volunteers can schedule weekly appointments with their buddy any day of the week between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. This time can be used to play cards, read, go for a walk, chat, etc. To become a volunteer one must get a criminal record check and attend an orientation session for 1 1/2 hours.
- Energizers is a program that involves a scheduled time when you can go in and perform for the residents doing music, telling stories or reciting poems.
- Escape Artists is available for anyone who would like to share an artistic talent/hobby/collection they have.
- The Fresh Air Friends is designed so that you can take someone outside for a walk around the grounds and sit outside for awhile.
- Hands That Feed gives you the chance to help out by feeding some of the residents who can’t feed themselves.
- There are also other programs that you can volunteer for like Glamour Gang, Growing Together, Helping Hands, Rec Stars, Good Timers, etc.
Jeff Cook is the Recreation Department Manager at Prince Edward Home and Beach Grove Home. If you want more info, you can speak to Karen or Jeff at 368-5792 or 368-4607.